Monday, January 6, 2014

Appointment 3, Things are looking good!!

So I've been feeling pretty down about everything lately.  I don't feel a great deal of movement at 21 weeks along. Way less movement than I felt with my previous two.  With them I was seeing movement on the outside of my belly by this point, but this time I feel flutters a few times a day, but they are faint, low and infrequent.  I may have an anterior placenta, I know. This seems to be the general consensus from everyone I've spoken to about it, including the midwife.  I have outrageous heartburn, so bad that it makes me vomit and when that happens it feels like fire coming back up. Just awful.  I'm also struggling with drinking enough water. It still makes me nauseous, especially if I drink it with a meal.

However, after my appointment today, I feel so much better! She had trouble getting the heartbeat on the doppler, but because the baby was obviously moving that much and seemed to be hiding from the doppler. When she finally pinned the baby down long enough to get a reading the heartbeat was a very strong one at 160bpm.  The baby seems to be doing just fine.  My BP is great and steady.  I've had the same reading the last 3 appointments at 118/76 and everything just seems to be right on track!!

I have a 3D ultrasound appointment scheduled for the 9th that I am seriously considering cancelling now. They legally cannot tell me anything about anything except the gender of the baby, which we don't want to know.  I'm going to try to get an appointment with the local college again since they can tell me fluid levels and placenta placement and all that.  I also asked if a MW would accompany me in the event of a hospital transfer and she said yes and the MW would bring all my prenatal records too.  She also said the try to avoid the nearest hospital that is very close to the center, unless its an immediate life threatening emergency.  If its a transfer and time permits, they transfer to a hospital 20 minutes away, which is a much better hospital when it comes to childbirth.  I was relieved to hear that too!  So great appointment and I'm feeling pretty positively about it all right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment